It’s Monday! #10
This weekly meme is hosted by Sheila at Bookjourney. I’ve read more this week than last, but it was mostly finishing books I had already started. I’m up to 13000-ish words on my dissertation, which has had my focus this week. It would be awesome if it is finished by next Monday, but we’ll see. The result of this work is lack of blog activity, but hopefully that will change in a few weeks!
- Mary Julia Young: A Summer at Brighton
- H. M. Moriarty: Brighton in an Uproar
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
- Winter’s Passage by Julie Kagawa
- Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek
- Goodnight, Beautiful by Dorothy Koomson
Three of those books I had already started, and Winter’s Passage is less than 70 pages so its not as impressive as it looks!
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
- The Dream House byRachel Hore
- Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy
The first two are library books that I just don’t have time to read – I took all my library books back as I wasn’t reading them and felt bad preventing others from having them, and the Binchy novel I found a bit random and boring.
- A Question of Answers by Margaret Henderson Smith (cover not shown)
- God Stories by Andrew Wilson
- The Truth About Love by Josephine Hart
- Cast of Characters by Max Lucado
- Wildthorn by Jane Eagland
- The Boy With the Cuckoo-Clock Heart by Mathias Malzieu
As I’m still working on my dissertation that is my main focus but if I can get any of these books finished (or any other read!) I will be pleased. What are you reading? Do check out my In My Mailbox to see what new books I’ve got!